This year, WNY Young Writers’ Studio writers and teachers have taken a deeper interest in blogging for personal or educational purposes. A handful of us have been blogging for a while, and others are eager to begin. In an effort to supplement what we do face-to-face and enable others who may not be a part of Studio to connect with our community a bit, I’ve decided to host a blogging boot camp right here on our Studio blog for the next eight weeks. Anyone is welcome to join us at any point during the next eight weeks, and here’s the beauty of this challenge: it will remained archived there. Those who may be interested in participating but don’t have the time to do it right this very minute can return to this space and complete the challenge at any time.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The challenge will begin December 1st (that’s tomorrow already)!
- Every Wednesday for eight weeks, I will share one post on this blog that will help you plan, craft, and sustain your very own blog. Each post will provide some instruction, some opportunity for you to practice what is learned, and a chance for you to share what you’ve learned and accomplished in the comments section.
What topics will be covered? Take a peek:
- Week 1: Why Blog? Defining Your Purpose and Finding Other Blogs to Read
- Week 2: Selecting a Blogging Platform
- Week 3: Crafting Your About Page
- Week 4: Writing Your Very First Post
- Week 5: Where Do Blogging Ideas Come From?
- Week 6: Blogging is About Connecting: Ideas for Building and Sustaining Readership
- Week 7: Establishing a Schedule and Challenging Yourself Further
- Week 8: Launching Your Blog
I hope to see a few familiar and new faces here over the next few weeks! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below or drop an email to me at email@example.com